The Political Division of Malenia is as follows in hierarchy:
- Nation: The unified nation as a whole.
- Republic: A large administrative area ran as it's own country inside Malenia, but pertains to many national laws and is intentionally not recognized by any member of the United Nations.
- County: An area of land division that contains many cities, townships and prefectures and does not hold city status.
- Prefecture: An area of mostly rural land that may contain multiple townships, but no cities, and does not hold city status.
- Township: A mostly rural area where urban settlements exist as a small minority that holds city status.
- City: An area of land with a majority urban area that holds city status.
There are 6 republics in Malenia. Each is allowed to pass laws with national consent, but are also tied to national laws and are not legally eligible for independence. The six republics are: